so whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God 1Corinthians 10:31

Monday, October 20, 2008

Thank You, Jesus

But God is no longer our Judge. Through Christ He is now our heavenly Father who disciplines us only out of love and only for our good. (The Discipline of Grace by Jerry Bridges)

When I read that statement, tears welled in the corners of my eyes and my chin quivered. In my mind I am thanking Jesus. If I had been alone rather than sitting on a plane full of strangers, I would have broken down weeping. But being someone who does NOT like drawing attention to myself, I held it together.

For an extended period now, I have been in the desert. The Lord has used this desert to remove the scales from my eyes. He has allowed me to see myself how I truly am, a wicked, undeserving sinner without fighting or denying it. But He has also allowed me to know how He sees me through the blood of Jesus, a beloved and cherished daughter.

This desert has been painfully hard and heart wrenching at times. Still is. But it has also been blessedly beautiful. Again I say, "Thank You, Jesus."

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners , Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

No comments:

Post a Comment