so whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God 1Corinthians 10:31

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Making Connections

For several years my kiddos were involved in an intensive Bible study. Until then, I was unaware that the Old Testament prophesied the coming of a Savior which came to fruition in the New Testament. Knowing that opened my eyes to the Old Testament in a way I had not appreciated before. Now the Old Testament is not just stories but validates Christ and God's love. 


Lately, I've been swept into the hurtful words and actions of others and it was impacting what I thought of myself. I was spiraling into self pity. So what do I do? Grab pen and paper. I made a list of who I am to God and have been reading over it daily. As I read over it today, I remembered Isaiah 49:16, 
"Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me" 
and added to my list- My name is engraved in the palm of Your hands.

Then I made the connection to the New Testament. Jesus's palms are scarred by the nails by which He hung from the Cross. This is how my name is graven into the palm of His hands! I can't describe how that hit me (humbled, grateful, thrilled...?). But that's completely awesome! And He is truly awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment