so whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God 1Corinthians 10:31

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Voices


  • You do many things, but nothing well.

  • You'll never get all this done.

  • You're not a good friend.

  • No one notices you.

  • You're not managing your time well.

  • You should be doing more.

  • You aren't teaching your kids all you should.

  • You should be exercising.

  • You should be able to minister to others more.

  • You don't measure up.

  • You never follow through.

  • You're an incompleter so why even try?


These thoughts have been harassing me for the past few weeks. Yesterday I was defeated. As I was ending my day, I reached for When Wallflowers Dance and picked up where I last left off -

The Holy Spirit's voice is not an obsessive voice you hear over and over in your mind. His is not the accusing speech or the discouraging tone that feeds your depression. His words are not pessimistic, and they do not cause you to fall into despair.

The dark clouds have been swept away. The Light is breaking through. My heart is lifted and hope has returned!

Incline my ears to hear Your voice, Lord. Give me simplicity and patience to place one foot in front of the other in the way in which You lead me, having faith to leave the outcome to You.

John 10:10 "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. "

No comments:

Post a Comment