so whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God 1Corinthians 10:31

Friday, January 24, 2014

Welcome Spring!

The Lord has repeatedly reinforced a message He has been giving me for the past several months. It'a rung loud and clear for the past several weeks. Facing the back end of forty with my firstborn leaving the nest soon usually brings a lot of angst. Life is undeniably half way over at this point. For many people that brings about a negative mind set, a "woe is me, my best years are behind me" attitude. But the thoughts the Lord has mingling around in my mind is far from that...

It's spring for me! A new beginning. My best years are ahead of me. Despite all I know now, the past was still good. I have two wonderful, thriving children to show for it. But now is the season to rediscover and invest in myself and more fully focus on preparing and nurturing my children without an underlying yet hardly detectable wedge of contention in our midst. It's very exciting and promising to me. With a new job to begin in the immediate future and a full tuition scholarship for M. Bray to the college of her choice, the sky is the limit! Everything is falling into place for us to move above and beyond.

It feels good. It feels right. It feels like freedom. Welcome spring! I look forward to planting and harvesting this new life the Lord is creating for our little family of three. I'm not certain what lies ahead. But I am certain He is taking us places, He is growing us, and He is sustaining us, as He always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment