so whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God 1Corinthians 10:31

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Finally, Renewed Hope

Since I began lying low from here, I embraced the fact that I was in the desert. Practically each day was forced. Forced to get up, engage others, keep the household running, etc. Plodding along day after day, waiting for a breakthrough. I've not been living. I've been existing. Even worship, Bible reading, sermons, and prayer were for the most part dry. Thankfully the bright spots came when most needed- Thanksgiving, my birthday, and Christmas holidays with my kiddos.

Now with all the hoopla over, the decorations put away, and the tree laying in the front yard, unexpectedly a sense of relief and anticipation is overcoming me, a new sense of hope. In a few short days a new year begins. A new beginning. 2013, the most devastating year of my life, is coming to a close. A chapter is ending and a new one is beginning.

I smile as I type this. I am counting on the Lord, on His promises, to breathe a new life into me. Out with the old and in with the new. It's going to be good. It's going to be fabulous! Despite the setbacks of the past and the setbacks of the future, I am going to finish strong, not through my own strength, but His. I have no clue what that will look like. But I am counting He'll see me through to the end of whatever He has in store for me. Such optimism after a series of grievous and heartbreaking life events can only come from Him.

I hope you've had a joy filled holiday season. I hope He has given you great expectations for the new year ahead. May 2014 be the best year yet!

Fear not, for you will not be put to shame; And do not feel humiliated, for you will not be disgraced; But you will forget the shame of your youth, And the reproach of your widowhood you will remember no more. Is 54:4

1 comment:

  1. We felt the same a year ago, as we struggled through job loss and underemployment and were ready to turn a new page in the marvelous story God is writing in all of our lives. May we draw ever closer to Him! xo

    ReplyDelete