so whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God 1Corinthians 10:31

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Another New Beginning

Last week I started a new part time job.  Crazy week to start given the unexpected wintry weather we experienced. It all went well though.

For over twenty years I've worked in a medical field with a unique population, making me highly specialized. The clinic I worked for unexpectedly closed a year ago, beginning 2013 as the year of disappointments. Many of the staff and almost all the patients moved to the only other clinic in our area, based in a world renown medical university, especially with this population. But they didn't think they needed to add staff in my field. I knew better, waited patiently, and the Lord opened a door.

Gratefully, given that I gave up continuing to pursue an advance degree for being a homeschooling mom, my former colleagues rallied and when the position came open in my field in the new clinic, they insisted I be considered. My references sung my praises. I was the only candidate without an advance degree, yet I got the job.

My former staff is excited I am back. The new staff is excited to have me and have been very friendly. My former patients appreciate me like they didn't before. And the new patients seem to be glad to have me too.

I'm so thrilled to be back in the saddle. For the first time, in a long time, I feel needed and wanted. Great things, from a great God, who loves and cares for me more than I can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment