so whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God 1Corinthians 10:31

Monday, March 3, 2014

Public Service Announcement

When feeling the need to confront someone about a situation you are not directly involved in, please follow these guidelines on what not to do.

  1. Do not confront in the form of a letter, especially typed.
  2. Do not confront the person if you've never had a conversation about the situation with that person.
  3. Do not confront the person if you've only sat face to face with the person on two occasions leading to...
  4. Do not confront if you don't know the person.
  5. Do not claim "God led me" if you are not confronting using Biblical guidelines. 
  6. Do not make assumptions and confront based on second party (or more) accounts. (Remember the game telephone?) 
  7. Do not confront in a sanctimonious way. 
  8. Do not mess with the mommy bear! 
Lord, have mercy on me! This is the second time I've been attacked in this way. Different situations. I refer to it as throwing hand grenades. It is not loving or kind. Like I need someone else adding to the chaos (that I've been restraining my fingers from typing out).

No comments:

Post a Comment