so whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God 1Corinthians 10:31

Sunday, April 20, 2014

From Mourning to Jubilation!

After the tragic events of the previous days, followers, friends, and disciples of Jesus must have been feeling a lot of despair, pain, heartbreak, and confusion. Each had been transformed from within. Their lives reflected it. But all appeared to be lost. When Jesus's life went down in ways that had been unexpected, I am sure they were questioning themselves. Had I been fooled? How could He really be who He said He was? Has it all been a farce? What now? 

In our own small way, my kids and I can relate. This time last year, we were putting on a show. AJ had moved out, but we were still portraying ourselves as the happy family for the sake of his mother who was soon to lose her battle with cancer. We were questioning. Had we been fooled? Had it all been a farce? What now? 

The answer in our case as it played out is yes, it had been a show. Not just Easter with the extended family but the whole shebang. I can only speak for myself. I felt a lot of pain, heartbreak, and a tad bit of confusion and despair (thanks be to God, because I understood this situation really had nothing to do with me). I think the same is true for my kiddos, MBray less than CF, but I feel certain the Lord will bring CF further along.

BUT... Jesus wasn't a show. He conquered death by raising from the dead. He paid the price of sin, taking on the wrath of God for His chosen ones. This is why we can stand here a year out and know, that though the whittling down of our family from four to three went down in unexpected ways, there is jubilation! Only because AJ was not the center of our world or even the center of our family. Jesus is. He arose from the dead. He conquered death. And because of that, despite the heartache and pain of this world, we live a jubilant life. 

Happy Easter, everyone, for He has risen! 

(Special shout-out to S! Thanks for the family shot!)

No comments:

Post a Comment