so whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God 1Corinthians 10:31

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Independence Week

A near perfect week.

It began hanging out with a dear friend chatting about the unexpected twists and turns of life, good and bad, over a glass of wine on the first anniversary of my divorce.

What has been the good of the last year? As I gain greater distance from the quarter of a century relationship/marriage, I am discovering more fully who I am, no longer conforming in order to appease another.  It's a freeing place to be, happily content and comfortable with my life at present as mom, friend, and employee. I think I'll stay here for a good long while, perhaps even for the duration.

And for the end of the week? Vacation time with my kiddos enjoying the 4th of July and time away together.


It has been a week of celebrating independence, knowing and feeling He has blessed me and my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment