so whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God 1Corinthians 10:31

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Inspiration

Bliss for me is when I am inspired to be creative and frugal. Last week my laundry room cried out to me, "DO SOMETHING!".

The room where things were dumped when I didn't know where else to put them had finally become unbearable. Overrun with tossed off shoes, scattered laundry, seldom used kitchen appliances and accessories, and ugly 80's cabinet molding and knobs, it was in dire need of attention. I would have taken a before picture, but I don't want to expose my dirty laundry over the internet. ;)


Here's the reveal of my new multipurpose laundry room...

Storage used above cabinets to hide away my art and craft supplies. Removed peg molding and changed out knobs on the cabinets.

Left over upholstery fabric makes a simple, no sew window treatment using clip rings and rod. Framed prints came from my office. I put them together years ago using a calendar. Bunny planter keeps laundry supplies handy.

The kitchen table from our first apartment (which was an upgrade from a plastic collapsible picnic table~newlywed bliss) is now a workstation for wrapping, painting, and projects. Yea! I can work on projects without them getting in the way! Painted frame of old cork board to match the decor and added cutie push pins. Scroll iron brackets dress up the shelf. Tension rods used on the end legs of table hold spools of ribbon. Umbrella stand from the entryway looks better as a wrapping and craft paper holder. Tucked under the table is an oversize reed basket where gift bags, tissue paper, and left over ribbons are stashed.

The adhesive lettering was pretty simple to do. Everyone has their own hook for jackets and coats identified by initialed canvases I painted.


On the left is a wine box I swiped from AJ. It now contains craft paints. Removed the nails to lid and added hinges and then stained. Bread basket atop keeps craft scissors together. Small red and white box leftover from a ribbon purchase holds fabric paints and brushes.


Old picnic basket with craft books sits atop shelving from a shoes cubby which now holds paper, paper cutter, and miscellaneous supplies. Wall planter which never found a home now keeps paint brushes together and looks cutie with a red ribbon. Behind are sorting drawers. Good place for small craft items. Black and white box contains all my sewing supplies.

Iron board holder keeps all the items in one place.

A few of the things were bought. Most were tucked away in the attic waiting for a use. The color scheme coordinates with the rest of the living spaces making the room feel a part of the house. A good thing since the laundry is off the kitchen.

Now all my craft, painting, wrapping and sewing supplies are in one room with space to actually use them. I am so excited about that! With no place to be creative, I haven't been motivated. No excuse now!

What a fun week of inspiration!

10 comments:

  1. Girl, this is gorgeous. You did a great job and I am so jealous of the workstation area. I think I have the same red vase that you have. I bought it at a thrift store a few weeks ago. :)

    Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your encouragement, Lisa! Your blog was part of my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks FABULOUS! Love the painted canvases and work station especially. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think I just might have to use the tension rode idea when I get to putting my room back together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer, looking forward to seeing YOUR reveal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful, practical and functional room. Now you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you stopped by "Zzzz's"!

    ReplyDelete