so whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God 1Corinthians 10:31

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Purge

Journaling prayer and Scripture became a life preserver to me when I walked through " the valley of the shadow of death". Daily I took to pen and paper to hash out with the Lord my circumstances and my emotions as I poured out myself to Him. Once there was nothing left, He'd pour Himself into me, giving me strength, encouragement, wisdom, and acceptance I needed at the moment.

Just as manna was only edible for a short period, so was His pouring Himself into me. It kept me daily coming back. God was faithful.

Unexpectedly, the final purge presented itself to me today. As I thumbed through my words, I caught a glimpse of just how far He had bought me these past few years. To hold on at this point would only cause rot. So the pages were ripped and thrown away.

Behold, you delight in truth in the inward being, and you teach me wisdom in the secret heart. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Psalm 52:6,7

No comments:

Post a Comment