so whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God 1Corinthians 10:31

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Forgive Me

If there is anything I've learned as I've dealt with the past two months of the death of my marriage and the life I thought I had and the death of my mother-in-law, who has been my only mother to me as an adult, is to be a friend in time of crisis. Reach out by text, phone, or email often to offer support, encouragement, or be a listening ear. Not be a wagging to tongue, to be the first to get the latest scoop to spread, but to lighten the load of the person going through crisis.

I've not usually been that kind of friend. I've been the one to only offer once and back away. But when you are going through crisis, it's hard to reach out because it takes all the energy you have just to get through each day, sometimes each hour. Add children who are going along this beside you and the burden of it all is even greater.

I'm very grateful to have chosen carefully the people I've let into knowing the pain and heartache I'm enduring. Their support and prayers have held me up when I didn't have it in me to go on. But I am ashamed of the nonchalant friend I've been in the past. Forgive me. Hopefully from this point forward I will be a better friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment