so whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God 1Corinthians 10:31

Thursday, March 27, 2014

A Little Help

There is something about dreams. A "good" dream, a "bad" dream, either can set my mood for the day. Thankfully, it doesn't happen too often. But recently, in a way I can only describe as being haunted during the night about the level of evil the children and me endure, a bad dream set me back for a day to an anxiety level worse than I knew at the height of the fruition of AJ's chaos, many months ago.

It was all I could do to get myself to work that day, which gave me relief. But as soon as I left work, the anxiety came back with a vengeance. It just wouldn't go away and it was unbearable. Nothing was making it subside.

That's where a long time, dear friend stepped in. So grateful I took the chance and was real about where I really was. My friend came alongside me and allowed me to lean in for strength and encouragement. As usual, this friend also diverted the conversation which reminds me, there is life outside of this mess, even for me.

I know Jesus is the only one we can truly count on. But He also allows us to experience it in the flesh through friends. Thank you, B! The Beatles were right. I'm getting by with a little help from my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment